Tip: Type Ctrl+F to search for a particular word/phrase.
Event Express are the official accommodation agent for the event. To make a booking, please refer to the link in the 'My To-Do List' section
Please beware of hoax accommodation agents. If you have any concerns regarding this, or for more information, please refer to the AEO Website.
Activities and Demonstrations
Should you wish to carry out any demonstrations on your stand, please detail these in your health & safety declaration found in your 'My To-Do List'. The organisers reserve the right to curtail any practice which they consider dangerous or detrimental to the show or surrounding exhibitors. If requested, you will need to email The Operations Team with your risk assessment.
A few examples of risks are listed below:
- Not permitted during the build and breakdown.
- Written consent for any animal, wild or domestic, must be obtained from the venue before they are permitted on the premises (except assistance animals).
- Gas-filled balloons must be adequately secured to the stand. A charge may be made for retrieval if any escape to the roof, or for any damage to air-handling units.
- Balloons must be positioned at a height no greater than 4m from the hall floor to the top of the balloon.
- All helium gas cylinders must be removed from the halls once the balloons have been filled, and the use of flammable gases is not permitted.
- A plan must be submitted to the organisers and venue, detailing the location, height, and method of attachment.
- There are no crèche facilities at this event.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted in the halls during buildup and breakdown.
- The exhibition is a trade event and the nature of the exhibits during the open period will reflect this. As such, it is not a suitable environment for children. Children are only permitted during the open period if necessary to your stand activity, and a risk assessment has been submitted.
Audio Visual Equipment
The official supplier for the show is PSPAV, their order form and contact details can be found in the 'My To-Do List' section.
No one will be permitted into the exhibition hall during build-up, open period, or breakdown without the appropriate badge. All badges must be registered for in advance of the event, and worn on-site at all times. Please refer to the Exhibitor Badges link found in the E-Zone to register for an exhibitor badge, and/or the Contractor Badges link in the 'My To-Do List' section of this manual to register for a Contractor Badge. The badges will be mailed to you pre-show, no badges can be registered for when you are onsite.
- Build-up: All must have either a Exhibitor or Contractor Badge to access the hall. Each badge will be also valid for Breakdown.
- Open: Every member of staff working on the stand during the open period of the event will be required to wear an Exhibitor Badge. Contractor Badges are not permitted access during event open times.
- Breakdown: All must have either an Exhibitor or a Build & Breakdown Badge to access the hall from 17:00 onwards on Tuesday 6th September. The same badge used for Build-Up will be also permitted during this period.
The nearest bank is Halifax located at 286-288 Barking Road, London E13 8HR (0207 474 9157).
There are also two HSBC Machines at the West End of the boulevard, as well as a Barclays and HSBC ATM situated in the Boulevard on level 0, and one at the East end of the Boulevard by N6/S6.
The nearest Bureau de Change is located at Canary Wharf, 10-minutes from ExCeL London.
Photocopying, faxing, and IT facilities are available from the Business Service Centre, located on Level 0 of the Boulevard which can be accessed by the staircase between S4 and S4 entrances. Please note that these are chargeable services.
Unless a contractual agreement is in place with the event organisers, all promotional activities (including literature distribution) are restricted to within the boundaries of your stand. If you are approached on your stand by unwelcome visitors trying to sell their products, please take their details or a business card and inform the Organiser's Office immediately.
For details of marketing opportunities available in the halls, please contact any of the Sales Team listed in the 'Contact Us' section.
Venue regulations state that all food and drink consumed on, or given away from a stand (other than exhibitors own products), must be purchased from venue catering department: ExCeL Hospitality. Please use the order form within the 'My To-Do List' to view their services.
The venue does not allow any exhibitor to offer food provided by themselves, unless they are registered as a food business with their local authority and proof of registration is provided. Exhibitors planning any form of sampling of food and/or liquid products on their stand must advise The Operations Team who will then pass on to the venue. If approved, exhibitors may give away tasting samples of their products subject to the following conditions:
- Tea, coffee or soft drinks may not exceed 1.75 fluid ounces (50ml).
- Beers/Ciders or similar may not exceed 1.75 fluid ounces (50ml).
- Wine/Fortified wines/Champagne/Alcopops and similar may not exceed 0.9 fluid ounces (25ml).
- Spirits and similar may not exceed 0.18 fluid ounces (5ml).
- Individually wrapped items offered for consumption off-site, or unwrapped food is offered in bite size portions.
If in the opinion of ExCeL Hospitality, an exhibitor contravenes these conditions or provides a significant level of hospitality catering or sampling from its stand, ExCeL Hospitality reserves the right to charge the exhibitor an additional corkage or concession fee.
- All stand carpet will be cleaned on the night before each open day. This does NOT include the cleaning of actual exhibits. If you require such services, please contact ExCeL London Cleaning on +44 (0)207 069 4500.
- Where stands are constructed with offices or interiors, or if a night sheet is being used, duplicate keys that are clearly labelled should be left with the Organiser's Office to allow access for cleaners.
- Exhibitors requiring emergency cleaning during the exhibition should contact the Organiser's Office. Whilst light cleaning will be possible during show opening hours, vacuuming will not be possible until after the close of the show.
- Please dispose of any liquids so as to avoid spillage and damage to the carpets. Waste materials should not be abandoned on site or deposited into the venue waste disposal containers or skips without the venue's prior agreement.
- Please note: It is the exhibitor's responsibility to remove all stand materials, packaging and waste from the hall. Any waste left in the halls will be charged back to the exhibitor at £500 +VAT.
Venue cloakrooms are open during event hours, and are free of charge. The cloakrooms are located on level 0 (down the stairs, in between hall entrances N4 & S4), and at the east end of the venue on level 0.
Decoration materials used for stand dressing must be flame proofed or purchased already treated. Please note that artificial plants and flowers are combustible and give off toxic fumes, therefore are not permitted. Silk-type flowers are acceptable, providing they are fireproof or have been treated and marked as such.
You can arrange for items to be delivered and collected from your stand within the Build-up & Breakdown times. Please note that neither the Organiser nor the Venue can accept responsibility for items, so there MUST be someone from your company available to sign for them. Please send all deliveries to the below address:
Your Contact Name (Your Contact Number)
Your Company Trading Name (Your Stand Number)
Jewellery Show 2022
Halls N6 - N9
If you are unable to receive a delivery, please contract GES Logistics who will be able to quote for signing, storing, and delivering your items to your stand when you arrive. Please refer to the Logistics link via the 'My To-Do List'.
If you are delivering an item yourself: when your vehicle arrives onsite, please report to the Traffic Office (postcode E16 1SL) where you’ll be issued with a timed vehicle access pass, and directed to the appropriate gate to unload/load.
Exhibitors are responsible for all panels, walls, columns, flooring, etc. within their stand, and any damage will be charged back to the exhibitor. All exhibits and stand fitting materials must be cleared from the venue, or a charge of £500 +VAT will be levied for the removal of any abandoned articles (including carpet tape and literature).
Please pay careful attention to the Emergency Procedures located in the 'My To-Do List' section.
Equality Act 2010
Please note that all exhibitors are expected to comply with the Equality Act 2010 as far as is reasonably practical. For more guidance on this, please use this link: www.gov.uk/equality-act-2010-guidance.
For venue information, please go to the ExCeL Website.
To discuss any onsite requirements you may have, please contact The Operations Team.
Fire points are available around the exhibition in key locations. Under no circumstances may these be moved, and exhibitors or contractors will be charged for their replacement. Exhibitors should ensure that their stand contractors and staff are aware of how to use these extinguishers, and the location of all fire exits and alarm points within the hall.
Any exhibitor requiring a special type of extinguisher owing to the nature of their exhibits, must make their own arrangements for Fire Extinguishers with the venue, and submit a fire risk assessment for your stand.
The First Aid room is located on Level 0 in the Boulevard, which can be accessed by the staircase between S4 and S4 entrances. If you require First Aid, please contact the medical treatment room on +44(0)207 069 5556.
If urgent medical assistance is required, do not call the emergency services directly. Contact either the Organiser's Office or the Security Team on +44(0)207 069 4444 (internal 4444) who will coordinate the medical team and the emergency service arrival.
ExCeL has free Wi-Fi across the venue, the network name is 'ExCeL Free Wi-Fi'. Please note that this service is complimentary, and therefore not supported by the ExCeL Venue Services team. It is only suitable for light internet use such as checking emails. If you need to demonstrate a product which requires a reliable connection, we advise you order either a hotspot / Wi-Fi or a hard wire connection for your stand
To order Internet & Telecoms services please see Internet & Wi-Fi section within the 'My To-Do List' tab.
For property lost during the exhibition, please report to Security or the Organiser’s Office to see if it has been handed in. Any lost property received by the Organisers will be passed over to the venue after the show, and can be contacted on +44 (0)207 069 5000.
Maintenance & Repair
Maintenance work to stands must be carried out prior to the event opening, or after the close of show, by prior arrangement with the Organisers. No maintenance is permitted during the event's open hours.
If you wish to play music on your stand, you must purchase a license from PPL/PRS, please click here for more information and to purchase a license. The cost for licences start at around £100+VAT.
The Organiser’s Office will be manned at all times. If you have any queries, feel free to come and see us at any time.
To avoid unnecessary canvassing of exhibitors, an official photographer has been appointed to undertake all photography for the show. No other photographers will be allowed into the hall without prior written consent from the Organisers. To request a photographer to be onsite, please contact the CloserStill Marketing team using the details in the Contact Us section.
The venue acts as the official contractor with sole responsible for the supply and connection of natural gas, compressed air, water and waste services. Please note that water and waste is only available at specific points within the hall. You must have a duct on your stand to have piped services. Therefore, you may require a 100mm platform floor to hide any service pipes on either your own or a neighbouring stand. Please refer to Venue Services section in the 'My To-Do List'.
There are two post boxes onsite: one at the west entrance of the venue by the taxi rank, and one at the east entrance by the taxi rank.
The prayer room can be accessed through the grey door in the boulevard between entrances S8 and S9.
Public Address System (Tannoy)
The public address system is for use by the Organiser’s and Authorities only. During the open period, only official and emergency messages will be broadcasted.
Rigging is permitted above stands, only where purchased as part of a sponsorship opportunity with your CloserStill Media Sales representative. Stands plans with rigging, and rigging orders received by the venue, will not be processed without confirmation that the sponsorship agreement is in place:
- Banner plans (including dimensions / weight / materials / rigging points, etc.) must be submitted to Select International Events Ltd (for structural approval) by Friday 22nd July, and ExCeL Venue Services (for Rigging) by Friday 5th August.
- Banners must be rigged within the boundary of your stand space, and should ideally have a 2m clearance between the tallest point of the stand and the bottom of the banner.
- NB: If the banner is deemed as Complex, it will be subject to an additional structural engineer inspection fee of £435 +VAT.
- Lighting rigs will be allowed provided they conform to the regulations governing their use, for example:
- Between 6m and 8m from the hall floor but with a minimum clearance of 2m from the highest point of the stand.
- All structures will be rigged by ExCeL Rigging.
- No graphics or decorative material may be displayed upon the lighting rig.
The 24hr security provided by the Organisers is designed to prevent unauthorised access to the hall, NOT to secure the contents of your stand. Exhibitors are advised to not leave their stands unattended during build up, breakdown or the open period, and to take particular care with items of value such as mobile telephones and laptop computers.
Please help the organisers with the security of the halls by informing the Organiser’s Office immediately of any security issues. Neither the Organisers nor the venue can be held responsible for any loss or damage to stands or exhibits.
Services like electrics, telecoms, water & waste are pulled from the venue floor.
ExCeL implements a strict no-smoking policy in accordance with UK Law. As of the 13th of February 2017, smoking is also no longer permitted on the lorry way at ExCeL.
Smoking (including e-cigarettes & Vaping Devices) is only permitted in designated smoking areas, located outside of the east and west venue entrances.
Bond Associates has one of the most extensive databases of event staff available, with over 500+ staff registered for work across the country. Their associates can be hired on a temporary or permanent basis.
For further information, please refer to Stand Personnel via the 'My To-Do List.
There are no storage facilities at the Venue. Any company requiring storage or freight services should contact the official Shipping and Storage contractor for a quotation. Please refer to Logistics form in the 'My To-Do List' section.
You are also advised that fire regulations prohibit the storage of empty crates, packing materials, and exhibits behind stands.
There are Taxi ranks at both the East and West entrances of the venue.
There are toilets located outside the Hall along the Boulevard.
- ExCeL venue regulations state that it is compulsory to wear high visibility vests within the venue vehicle loading areas. Please ensure that all staff driving to the halls, or arriving onsite to load / unload outside the vehicle door areas, are wearing high visibility vests.
- The venue enforces a 5mph speed limit, and there must be no parking on hatched areas. You must follow the instructions of traffic marshals and comply with venue traffic regulations at all times.
- All forklift movement inside and outside of the hall must be carried out by the Organiser’s Official Logistics provider, GES.
- Emergency gangways must be kept clear at all times to allow the movement of the venue cleaning tractors, forklifts and emergency vehicles.
- The venue also enforces a strict No Vehicle Movement on the lorry way rule. between the hours of 23:00 - 05:00.
Vehicles on Stands / Mobile Trailers
The Organisers must be notified in advance of any mobile units or motor vehicles being brought into the halls for positioning on your stand, so that a suitable delivery and collection time can be arranged without risk to both the vehicle and pedestrians. Please email The Operations Team with details.